Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Australia Bound at Last!


I'm sitting in the Greenville-Spartanburg Airport waiting to board the first leg of my flight. After what feels like ages of preparing for this trip, I can hardly believe I'm finally on my way. Last night I packed what felt like every belonging I owned into my two giant suitcases (yes, I will be that American), and this afternoon as my parents dropped me off at the airport it finally hit me that I'm going to AUSTRALIA!

It will take around 20 hours to get there, and I'm sure the flights will be less than thrilling, I am certain that Australia will be absolutely incredible. I'm studying at the University of Wollongong. It's about an hour away from Sydney. Wollongong sits at the base of Mt. Keira and is a short walk from the beach. The description alone sounds incredible, and the pictures I've seen make me feel like I'm headed to a vacation spot instead of school. I can only guess what it will be like, but I'll do my best to blog regularly to keep everyone updated. I'm out for now, but the next time I blog it'll be from Australia! Can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment